Your Makeup Housekeeping Guide
Via: The Detox Market -- Part of maintaining a good skincare regimen is to be mindful of your makeup regimen as well. After all, both are not only applied but absorbed by your face! So, we’re sharing with you makeup housekeeping tips, including cleaning and safekeeping, to keep your skin and beauty practices in top shape! What was the single best piece of skincare advice you’ve kept with you? “My grandmother told me very early on: “Never go to bed with a dirty face and never leave home or go to bed without a crèmed face.” We all have our moments when we feel too exhausted to cleanse our face! But think about what you carry on your face from the whole day (especially if you live in a big city or wear makeup.) Well, all these pollutants will not only suffocate your skin at night, they will populate your pillowcase and happily retoxify your skin the next day…” -Valérie Grandury, founder of Odacité Easy Homemade Makeup Remover/Baby Wipes
- Decomposable organic cotton cloths, or an alternative eco-friendly cloth of your choice
- 1 container
- 4 cups warm water
- 1-2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1-2 squirts of baby wash or your your favorite face wash (optional; if you use, make sure the wash is organic and fresh!)
- Place the cloths in the container.
- Mix warm water, coconut oil, and/or optional face wash.
- Pour 2 cups of mixture into each container, place a lid, and allow to soak for 5 minutes
- Remove cardboard tube and you’re done!
- Tip: Make small amounts (1-2 weeks worth) at a time to inhibit mold growth. Also add 1-2 drops of Tea Tree oil to inhibit mold as well (plus, it smells great)!